The Solution Advisor is primarily responsible for driving new business software sales, and implementation and training services. The Solution Advisor will also be responsible for outbound calling initiatives set forth by Sales & Marketing, responding to inbound web activity and attending annual industry events.
Administratively the Solution Advisor reports to the Director of Sales Operations with additional support and mentoring from the Chief Sales Officer.
Time spent for assigned duties and responsibilities are estimated as follows:
- Opportunity Management 30%
- Inbound Activity 10%
- Outbound Activity 40%
- Industry Events 10%
- Administrative Responsibilities 10%
Duties and Responsibilities
- Opportunity Management – active engagement in a sales pipeline including; performing discovery calls, live demonstrations, quote generation, quote reviews and closing calls. It is required that a Solution Advisor understand their pipeline and be prepared to report on the pipeline on a monthly basis.
- Inbound Activity – daily review and follow up on web activity from multiple lead management solutions.
- Outbound Activity – manage daily task follow up on prospects, perform outbound cold calling in conjunction with Marketing email campaigns, and appointment scheduling for attendance at industry events.
- Industry Events – travel and attendance at annual industry events with a focus on networking and driving new business opportunities.
- Administrative Responsibilities – monthly administration of a sales pipeline, including preparation for pipeline review, expense reporting, quote generation, sales meetings and other internal related training/meetings.
- Action Selling – learn and execute Action Selling principals.
Qualifications and Skillsets
- At least two years of proven sales experience
- Prior experience using a sales process model preferred
- Prior experience in distribution or technology sales preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills and negotiation skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong networking and relationship building skills
- Some Business acumen
- Strong time management skills
- Working knowledge of customer relationship management (CRM), salesforce automation (SFA), or contact management applications preferred
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft suite, including Microsoft Outlook, Windows, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to travel at least 20%, including international travel
- Bachelor’s degree in business, technical, or other related field preferred
Please send resume and application to email@example.com.