The Regional Sales Manager is primarily responsible for driving new business software sales, and implementation and training services. The Regional Sales Manager will also be responsible for outbound calling initiatives set forth by Sales & Marketing, responding to inbound web activity and attending annual industry events.
Administratively the Regional Sales Manager reports to the VP of Sales & Marketing.
Time spent for assigned duties and responsibilities are estimated as follows:
• Opportunity Management 30%
• Inbound Activity 10%
• Outbound Activity 40%
• Industry Events 10%
• Administrative Responsibilities 10%
Duties and Responsibilities
- Opportunity Management – active engagement in a sales pipeline including; performing discovery calls, live demonstrations, quote generation, quote reviews and closing calls. It is required that a Regional Sales Manager understand their pipeline and be prepared to report on the pipeline on a monthly basis.
- Inbound Activity – daily review and follow up on web activity from multiple lead management solutions.
- Outbound Activity – manage daily task follow up on prospects, perform outbound cold calling in conjunction with Marketing email campaigns, and appointment scheduling for attendance at industry events. Proactively work sales qualified leads (SQL’s) to opportunities and close.
- Industry Events – travel and attendance at annual industry events with a focus on networking and driving new business opportunities.
- Administrative Responsibilities – monthly administration of a sales pipeline, including preparation for pipeline review, expense reporting, quote generation, sales meetings and other internal related training/meetings.
- Action Selling – learn and execute Action Selling principals.
Qualifications and Skillsets
- At least three to five years of proven sales experience
- Prior experience using a sales method model preferred (Action Selling preferred)
- Prior experience in distribution or technology sales preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills and negotiation skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong networking and relationship building skills
- Some Business acumen
- Strong time management skills
- Working knowledge of customer relationship management (CRM), salesforce automation (SFA), or contact management applications preferred
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft suite, including Microsoft Outlook, Windows, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to travel at least 30%, including international travel
- Bachelor’s degree in business, technical, or other related field preferred
Please send resume and application to firstname.lastname@example.org.