The Business Consultant is responsible for customer account management and service delivery for new and existing customers. The Business Consultant is a key member of the initial implementation team for a new customer and then transitions to become the primary point of contact upon completion of the implementation.
Administratively the Business Consultant reports to the Vice President of Customer Experience, and functionality to the Business Consulting Functional Lead. The Business Consultant has no direct reports.
Time spent for assigned duties and responsibilities are estimated as follows:
- Customer Account Management 20%
- Customer Service Delivery Team Administration 20%
- Service Delivery and Consulting 45%
- Internal Responsibilities 15%
- Relationship Management – develop and maintain relationships with key customer stakeholders, decision makers, etc.
- Product Life Cycle Management – advise customers on strategy as it relates to upgrades, cloud conversion, additional functionality, and TDF partner services and products
- Status Reporting – manage customer project, opportunity, and other activity status reports for Tour de Force customer servicing teams, report status to functional and company leadership, and provide regular updates to customers
- Opportunity Management – identify opportunities with existing customers, document opportunities and potential value within Tour de Force, manage opportunity pipeline, and work opportunities to closure
- Revenue Management – assist with customer accounting, including support for billing, accounts receivable, and support credit balance monitoring
- Scheduling – coordinate and schedule all client service activities including business development, consulting, projects, training, annual system reviews, etc.
- Software Sales – work with existing customers to understand and identify business needs for additional licensing and modules, assist with options and pricing, and liaise between customer and the Tour de Force Customer Relationship Manager
- Workload Management and Utilization – setting milestones and target completion dates, distribution and assignment of work, monitoring individual and team utilization, holding team members accountable
- Status Reporting – monitoring the status of customer servicing projects and activities, escalation, summarizing and reporting status upward to functional and company leadership
- Performance Management – monitoring and reporting the performance of customer service team members, assisting functional leads with corrective action, and development/training plans
- Quality – responsible for monitoring and ensuring quality of customer services, deliverables, documentation, etc.
- Project Management and Implementation for Roadmap Implementations – manage relationship with the client and project stakeholders, create and maintain comprehensive project documentation, use appropriate techniques to define and manage changes in project scope, schedule, and costs, report and escalate to management as needed, maintain communication across project stakeholders, and monitor and ensure quality
- Training – identify customer training needs, determine training delivery methods, identify appropriate instructors, develop training materials, deliver and/or assist with in-person and online training courses, and develop and conduct monthly customer webinars
- Process Design and Documentation – work with customers to document and assess current business processes, identify opportunities for process efficiency, improved control, and automation
- Annual System Reviews (ASR) – identify, record, schedule, and assign responsibility for customer ASRs, work with customers to schedule ASR planning and fieldwork, execute ASRs, document results of ASRs (including opportunities), conduct post ASR follow-ups with customers and servicing team
- Customer Support – promote and support the TdF customer tier one support team, policies, and process, assist with escalated support cases, and monitor overall customer support satisfaction
- Basic Configuration – understand, document, and deliver customer requirements to customer servicing team, perform basic application configuration where appropriate
- Other Miscellaneous Consulting – Provide other consulting services as-needed to existing customers
- Requirements Gathering, Documentation, and Translation – serve as liaison between customers and technical support teams (i.e. application consultants, BI consultants, development, etc.)
- Training – stay up-to-date on industry standards and trends, stay up-to-date on the latest Tour de Force releases and product roadmap, and assist as needed with internal training
- Knowledge Transfer – work with the Business Process and Controls Analyst to make sure information gathered/learned is documented either in literature, knowledge base, or on the company intranet
- Mentoring – providing career and professional guidance, counseling, and functioning as a role model for junior employees
- Process Improvement and Documentation – work with the Business Process and Controls Analyst as needed to create, update, and improve the company’s business processes and documentation, proactively work towards improving process efficiency and control
- Internal Status Meetings – attend and participate in internal meetings, updates, etc.
- Customer and Marketing Collateral – assist with development and delivery of webinars, blogs, white papers, and other collateral deemed important by the Marketing department
- Annual User Conference (Connections) – attendance, preparation and delivery of presentations, and customer networking at the annual customer user conference
- Time Tracking and Allocation – track and document a minimum of 40 hours in a given work week with a billable utilization of 40%
- Strong working knowledge of customer relationship management (CRM), salesforce automation (SFA), or contact management applications required
- Strong interpersonal skills and problem management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong customer networking and relationship building skills
- Strong business acumen
- Strong time management skills
- Experience with process design, documentation, and assessment
- Prior experience managing customer servicing teams
- Prior experience with technology implementation
- Prior experience working in or consulting in the wholesale distribution or manufacturing
- Prior experience with structure selling processes such as Sandler, Impact Selling, etc.
- Ability to rapidly learn new software applications and functionality
- Experience with developing and delivering training programs
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft suite, including Microsoft Outlook, Windows, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to travel at least 50%, including international travel
- Bachelor’s degree in business, technical, or other related field preferred
- Relevant certifications (i.e. project management, six sigma/black belt) preferred
Duties and Responsibilities
Customer Account Management –Business Consultants have overall responsibility and accountability for the servicing of their existing customer base
Customer Service Delivery Team Administration – Senior Business Consultants have overall responsibility and accountability for the customer servicing teams
Service Delivery and Consulting – In addition to account management and team leadership responsibilities, Business Consultants also execute many of the TdF services offered to customers
Internal Responsibilities – Business Consultants should be able to balance their customer servicing responsibilities with activities related to organizational leadership and improvement
Qualifications and Skillsets
Please send resume and application to firstname.lastname@example.org.